DMAC knives for sale

Yep, nice job mate, much envy.:+1:t2::+1:t2:

I started it for @JizzFlinger but misunderstood how he wanted the handle, Iā€™ll have to forge his design later. Too fucking hot here to work at the forge and anvil this time of year, heat treating is about as much as I can take. This one will be up for grabs when I finish it.

1 Like

A couple more to finish off and make sheaths for.

The one on the bottom is my modern version of an 1800ā€™s French ā€œtrade knifeā€ common in North America during the opening up of the West. The Indians found them very useful for scalping!

1 Like

Excuse me sweety, the preferred pro-nouns for Indigenous American hairdressing apprentices is ā€œInjunsā€.

1 Like

A little something arrived in the mail this morningā€¦

My first hand made knife! Thanks Dan itā€™s a little ripper and sharp as fuck too :grinning:

4 Likes

Sorry for the delay, Iā€™m glad it finally got to you and hope you like it, maybe I shouldā€™ve include the disclaimer,
"Caution, contents can cause harm if not handled correctly, i.e., itā€™s a knife, it will cut youā€¦Bad!" :grin:
I coated it in Inox, just give it a wipe-down before use. As it is a carbon steel blade, clean and dry after using it, you can use the same or WD-40 on it before storing, you can put it on the micarta as well, it wonā€™t hurt it and brings it up nicely.

1 Like

Is that blue handled one spoken for @Danmac ?

Hey what the hell I just read this.

Yeah, I had a shoot on in the ACT a couple of weeks ago and took a bunch of knives, a bloke bought it.
Iā€™m waiting on a steel order thatā€™s 3 weeks late but I do have some 1084 and 5160 in stock,
I canā€™t get my head around that handle design you asked about. Could you perhaps sketch what it would roughly look like?

@JizzFlinger, donā€™t you dare!

No worries about the delay i wasnā€™t in any rush mate especially when most of the delay was me asking you not to post it yet as we were away. Thanks for the tip, Iā€™ve got drums of both inox & wd, iā€™ll use the inox too because i like it better :slightly_smiling_face:
Yep a disclaimer for the Darwin candidates ā€œWarning this may cause some or all of your blood to leave your bodyā€.

Ooops was that game meant to stay a secret???

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kinda like this. Im going to recircumcise a fella.

Hereā€™s a few recently finished blades. Iā€™m into the ā€œtradeā€ knife style at the moment. Iā€™m still waiting on a steel order thatā€™s now over a month late. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: The mob I ordered it from used ā€œSendleā€, they appear to have lost the parcel according to the latest email from the arseholes.
Anyone else had issues with that courier?

So, the two skinners above are sold. Iā€™m going to keep the dark handled Trade knife. ( It has a small cosmetic flaw where I touched the ricasso on the grinder. )

Making some progress on @JizzFlingerā€™s skinner, he went with tri-colour G10, unfinished at this point, rough fit up and profile on the handle scales, what do you blokes reckon?

4 Likes

Looks purdy sexy, way too flash for @JizzFlinger :smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s bloody beautiful!

1 Like

Holy snitzel that looks fuggin UNREAL!

Perfect match!

2 Likes

I gotta admit, I feel pretty special!

Ummā€¦how about a camp knife in the style.of the Rat 7, i think its know called an ā€œEssee 7ā€.

But make it 8 inches long. Because its always being used as a kindling splitter, log splitter. I mean thats its use 90% of the time. And Im a huge bastard so its not taking up space. Could even go 8.5 or 9.0 with a bigger belly. Fire starter a must. Because using a readily available lighter is just not cool amirite :sunglasses:

Couple of the latest from the workshop. I took some knives to the recent Lever-action silhouette Nationals in Canberra. Sold a couple and had a bloke donate a couple as prizes. Iā€™m half-crippled at the moment with 3 bulged discs in my lumbar spine so Iā€™m not getting a lot done around the place.
Top two photos are the prize knives, both won by blokes from W.A.
Bottom pic is a knife I made from some store bought stainless steel Damascus flat bar that was supplied already heat treated. Knife came out alright, ( I sold it at the shoot ), but the steel was expensive and a bitch to work with, I donā€™t think Iā€™ll bother with it again.

2 Likes

Yeah, forgot to mention, I bought one from @danmac as a present for someone (something about not gifting knives, so I actually resold it for 20c, lol), but anyhow, while at it I thought, hrmmmā€¦ I too would like one as a utility. None of the above, just thought Iā€™d throw this in. Highly recommend.