22WMR is a dead & useless calibre. change my mind :)

Right!

@anon73442478 you got to look at things in context, which you’re actively avoiding. I posted a few days ago, so let’s focus on few days ago into the future.

It’s not like, hey, this 308 is a wonderful cartridge to plink with all day, because in the 80s I got a ute full of ammo crates for a slab. Things need to be viewed in context.

It is way too expensive to plink with and it’s not really a competition target round. So you’re limited to hunting. On that note, as a tool, it does a lot less than 223 at the same price.

So plinking is out, target shooting is out, and as a tool it’s inferior to 223 (with price comparable ammo), that does a lot more.

It also holds no historical or “fun” significance, like, say, pretty much all old milsurp calibres, which are also useless, dead for most part, but at least fun to shoot.

So far I’m not convinced 22WMR holds a place in modern shooting sports (i.e. as a platform you’d recommend over some other calibre).

Which gun store is that? If that’s their 22WMR prices, I think they’ll be worth a visit for other ammo.

Gunco has Armscor at $22.50 for a 50 pack. They’re usually a bit meh when it comes to ammo prices though.

He forgot to factor in $300 shipping :joy:

They are in the same city as me. Best you admit that your fantasy bubble of 22mag for the same price as 223, is just that. a bubble. prices will cool off if covid ever goes away. in no reality is 22mag the same price as 223 going to be a thing forever. it’ll always be cheaper.

But is it though? You’re ignoring cost of ownership. We’ve established its not a plinking round. And buying 22 centrefire VS 22 centrefire and 223 and two sets of ammo and two guns… VS just a 223 or even a 22LR which is just as capable. Beyond recommend range, 223. Buying something for in between is a waste of money (useless and outdated :))

Theres several situations where I’d prefer not to crack off a 55gr bullet going 3300fps, but would prefer only a 30 or 40 gr bullet going 2200. but whats a safe backstop anyway :man_shrugging:

Personally, I think, when it comes to safety 22 is the same as 308 to be perfectly honest, if you’re talking backstops. But if that’s the case you should be using 22s

approach a farmer on a small block with a 223 for bunnies and watch him laugh at you. rimfire has its reputation for a reason. safe backstop or not, on small bush blocks where neighbors are only a km awaym i’m pretty hesitant to bring out a centerfire. 22mag has some legs to it. it does the job just fine

That’s literally a 22LR argument right there.

22 does run out of puff a bit quickly for my liking. 22mag just has that extra oomph without breaking the bank. Your a lunatic if you think its “normal” for 22mag to be priced the same as 223. it isn’t and hopefully it drops down again.

You got a link to that site mate?
They look the goods, what city are you in?

Na mate I just wanna check out there other stock mate.

C’mon…

This thread is starting to remind me of that place that shall not be named :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Well, it does feature Crowder lmao that’s kinda the point.

1 Like

True, true, carry on :grin:

1 Like

I shall not c’mon!

I call bullshit on those prices, I reckon that’s from an American website and you’re clutching at straws to back up your claims!
Happy for you to share a link and prove me wrong?
Otherwise this threads as dead as .22mag…

Feels like you do, after this debate.