The big fat COVID-19 thread.

I don’t wear undies and wear Australian made Mongrel boots :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah but where are your Knickers made. :grinning: The are pretty heavy duty that need to meet some pretty strict specifications.

2 Likes

I’ll go claim my sand dune in the pilbara and fight with a sharpened stick!

Dune worms mate, bring a flame thrower

I have to say i’m thoroughly enjoying the stupidity of the average sheeple out there. One person buys a bit of shithouse paper, then the rest of the country goes absolutely nuts and panic buys it even though it’s one of the few products that won’t be affected by import restrictions because for once it’s actually made here.
Ron Burgandy laughing

3 Likes

I went to Costco at lunchtime, never seen it so busy. Took one look and about turned. Not kidding it had queues twice as long as just before Christmas.
God help us if there is a real emergency, or if these idiots start hoarding petrol.

2020 and people are still smearing poop into their butts with paper tickets.

$150 at bunnings and one step closer to Godliness

Ah so you have spent some time in Asia. I imported mine over 10 years ago after living there for a while.

I bought this yesterday for $250 with 3 weeks rego cause being an auto 4X4 it’ll be perfect for running over zombies up the bugout. It’s in surprisingly good condition for the price and will be perfect to leave up bush so the boy can hoon around in it and I can drag a self powered slasher behind it to knock the weeds over. Ill get a couple cans of green paint to give it a camo paintjob so the zombies don’t see the bulbar till it’s too late.

1 Like

That’s a bargain, but just remember if you see any zombies wearing mechanics overalls don’t run them over, chain them up in the basement because you’ll need them… Hey “You bought a Jeep.”

Lucky I bought my ferrocerium and magnesium rods when we had a post about fire starting. :grinning: I could probably make up a good vest out of small gongs :+1:

1 Like

Don’t run over too many at a time as the poor old Cherokees are a bit low. Its a jeep thing lol.

A pallet of various brands of teepee came and went un our little shop today. Lots of new customers. Majority had been to the big supermarkets here in Darwin and the shelves were emptied again after restocking. Phone calls all day about bum tickets and hand gel.

Blackwoods and Atom Supply are probably the last places to run out of hand gels. After that its off to the automotive paint supplier for soke tins of VinylPrep (99.9% iso) and mix it with some aloe vera gel I guess.

A memo has been sent around my wife’s work (an old folks home) stating that management has become aware of bog roll, hand towel and sanitised going missing and if it doesn’t stop further action will be taken!
I can just see it now, full body searches on the way out of work look I g for hand wash hidden in body cavities, lol…

I’m not worried we only need enough bog roll to wipe our arses, I’m not trying to build a house out of it!

I reckon some folks are trying for a 12 bedroom mansion

1 Like

While I still dont get it. The hysteria that is due to the relatively low numbers of people inflicted with the virus. The Situation has become a bit of a Runaway Train or a self fulfilling prophecy if you like.

A visit to the doctors today and there were patients that came in inquired if there were any masks to wear and when told “No” said they would wait in there cars until it was there turn to see the doctor.

I was also at several Shops / supermarkets today as we normally only do a Town run once a fortnight. There were a couple of wimpy Indian guys standing around with bottles of disinfectant also masquerading as security guards, but there was nothing on the shelves to stop people fighting over. Just signs advising against violence and bad behavior.

There was no toilet paper, no tissues, no baby wipes, no paper towels. No paper goods of any kind. My wife was lucky to get the last two packs of Fem products. There was no Pasta, no rice and not much left of any frozen goods like pizza, pies dim sims ect, Lucky I was still able to get some ice cream.

I have a bit of a prepper attitude, But it has been mostly driven by economics as in I buy rice when it is half price like $12 per 10kg rather than the $24 that and as my wife did live in a country in a time when there was no food. It became a custom when times improved to keep a reserve when you could afford it. Also after going through the Black Saturday incident which was two weeks or more without power and limited access in and out reinforced the need to have a least two weeks self sufficiency stance.

This Corona virus incident I think may change a lot of peoples attitude towards keeping some non perishable food in storage (as well as toilet paper) for future incidents. This has shown just how quickly it can all go pear shape.

The Zombie protocol is just how far away?

Stocked up on .22’s and powder today so bring them on…

Same here or at least delivery is this week a case of 22s.

The issue is no longer just about the virus, It is the inability to purchase everyday items. If schools or workplaces are shut down and people forcefully detained or retained at home it will only make the situation worse. Some of the images from China with people being locked in buildings or dragged out of them were disturbing. On one hand I commend the Chinese Gov and the people who willingly comply to lessen the spread of the disease. But where is the line.

To all those (JS) that accused me of being a goat molesting bogan hillbilly…How am I sounding now that the WHO has declared Pandemic, Shelves are being emptied and offices forced to send staff home? I’m more amused by peoples reactions then worried about infection. A good dose of Covid-19 would probably be fatal to me so I probably should be worried but why worry? It may never happen :slight_smile:

1 Like