Shutting down gun shops (COVID-19 related)

Could be some nice once used guns coming up for sale soon lol

2 Likes

Load of shit and, what’s’a’me’call’it - lying through omission. Press conference said domestic violence, then this… Apathetic shooter. Lalalalala.

Definitely to the choir, @LAFO. It is what it is, but…

I am hoping someone more politically savvy than I could post a list of pollies people could email to. It would be helpful. It’s not hard to email and politely communicate the offensive undertone, but yep - need a list of contacts. I can pin the topic when it’s posted…

All of this bullshit can only be enacted because they know who’s got what and where they keep it. A young bloke at the lgs today drove all the way in from the Bush (work) just to pick up he’s new gun unbeknown of the new communist restrictions had to sadly leave he’s new firearm at the shop fully paid and not knowing when he can actually take it :pensive:

Mmmm, little red herring here methink.

Registry or not (which is a tangent we all went on at some stage) - this mandate can be implemented (and has, for example, in California), it’s against the supply chain, not the buyer.

You can still buy firearms and ammo. They are controlling the supply chain, not the consumer. That is, while you can buy things, nobody is going to sell you things. Don’t think registry is part of this conversation, to be honest.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Legal Action for Gun Shop Closures

Fuck yeah!

91289998_2524599077778877_3627902761183477760_n

7 Likes

I agree with the registry bit, but I don’t really see the difference in a real world situation whether they make them unable to “sell” them or us unable to “buy” them, it’s the same end effect, no guns or ammo for the average LAFO.

I think they’ve made todays amendments partly because of the backlash but mainly for the simple reason that the main supplier of small arms and ammo police and defence in Oz was part of this ban, and they in no uncertain terms told the gov that if you close us then we won’t supply defence or police with anything during the ban either. Check and mate!!
Hopefully they can keep pushing and get things fully open again.

2 Likes

I think the 6 or 10 bullets that a police person gets issued with on his first day would probably last the 20 years in the force. :laughing:

2 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bored shit-posting

Red hearing lol I maybe jumped the gun and got a little over zealous thinking of other shit lol

Maybe, maybe not. Personally, I don’t think registry is relevant to this specific conversation. Other than that, I am in agreement. To be honest, I think a registry conversation is a much bigger and a more nuanced conversation that just - get rid of it. I don’t support it, but ‘just getting rid of it’ has other ripple effects. Probably a really good thread to start and have a good brain storm about it.

2 Likes

Quick update for Victorians.

Apparent LRD has clarified its position. Firearms and ammunition are still unavailable to all domestic violence abusers.

However, you can still purchase items on layby. And primers and powder are allowed to be sold. This is obviously because hand-loaders are refined, esteemed individuals who are naturally held at a much higher social standing and standard than the factory ammo buying scum!

Seriously though, apparently powders and primers are still sold.

4 Likes

It’s clearly because they know you’ll busy reloading so you won’t have time to dish out some well needed violence on your wife, because you know you need to prioritise and making murder bullets is far more important than playing slap whack with the wife.

Thank god those clever pollies are here to save the masses from us evil gun owners :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Are you serious?

2 Likes

Yeah I second this I brought powders and primers yesterday. Lgs said components was still all a go! handloaders are far more refined and esteem individuals :joy:

1 Like

Yes man, we are clearly esteemed members of society, unlike our factory ammo buying scum brethren.

(yes, apparently so, @bentaz ).

2 Likes

Hells yeah, I better stop belting my wife and do some reloading.

Disclaimer: she’s tougher than me and she’s at work anyway.

1 Like

LMAO She’d fucking body slam you through the floor.

3 Likes