New to casting any hot tips (and 310Cadet notes)?

Yes it’s the whole self sufficient bullet supply, I like, and you’ll be surprised how well they shoot. It takes a little longer to get a rifle to shoot, and you almost have to forget all you’ve learnt about shooting jacketed bullets. But worth it, I believe.

1 Like

If you coat with either Hi-Tek or powder coat then you can skip the lube as it is not needed.

2 Likes

For bullets…

Glad you clarified that it is for lubing bullets mate. I could have easily gone done the wrong path there.:joy::joy::joy:

We are here to help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Baking a few in the pan…200c for 15mins

3 Likes

Well I have started the process gents, have just sorted out the different lead I have and cast it into ingots. Have pure lead, Linotype, and some 60/40 lead/tin.
Next step will be to make some alloy tomorrow and start casting a few projectiles.

2 Likes

use the couch!

Becareful dont burn yourself. That stuff really does burn nearly as bad as plastic. It might not stick as bad but it is way hotter. Burns deep really quick I have done a lot of careless shit.

3 Likes

Also, do not have water anywhere near the melt pot. This includes being careful with sweat, rain and any random liquid that may be dripping from a tree or deck or whatever…

2 Likes

Thanks gents, will Post a few pics of the projectiles for scrutiny once I have them cast.

2 Likes

You should send some.out to us for testing

2 Likes

So here are the results of my first cast of 100 today. 120gn RN heeled for the 310.

4 Likes

They are .323 and .314 at the heel. Loaded up a dummy round and found I had to run them back through the FLS die (minus the decapper obviously) to bring them back so they would feed. Will be loading with AR2205.

2 Likes

They look pretty nice, have you coated them already? They dont look like new poured lead, have a tinge of colour to them.

1 Like

Dude. They look better than factory!

2 Likes

Mate not coated yet, perhaps the light didn’t do them any favours however they are nice and shiny. As for coating, I won’t be powder coating this lot as I will only be firing a handful at a time so I will just hand lube them in the first instance.

2 Likes

Too kind mate, yep I am happy with how they come out. :+1:t2::beer:

Is that the RCBS mold?? Gotta love that .314 heel!!

100% agree with @JizzFlinger, they are perfect, you have done a brilliant job.
How many grains are you going to use of AR2205?