What I did in guns this week.

Great to see some cadet love! I need to revisit that blue set up you done…

This is not bluing… Just rust removal. Bluing is a bit different. On that note, I was thinking about butying a book on the subject.

1 Like

Similar steam set up though wasnt it? …I will watch the videos soon

Yeah, videos will help :slight_smile: But there’s a thread here somewhere about it too.

1 Like

“Well well, looks like we have a litlle bit of unlicensed firearm repair going on here Sarge. Book em?”

I had a bad week. 751 at Service Unrestricted. Ugh…

Made the mistake of going to our pistol club AGM, apparently I’m on the committee now… :thinking:

2 Likes

pretty much how it happens for everyone. I have yet to meet someone who’s goal was to actually be on committee. Most do it out of necessity.

1 Like

…keeps minutes, wastes hours. Although a necessary evil.

2 Likes

Been there done that…never again.

1 Like

Ohhh nooo… You’re fucked now, It’s the inevitable spiral slowly declining into politics, bullshit, and opinions of the self proclaimed entitled gods of the universe. Just make the most of & try to remember your next few shoots as they may be the last you really enjoy. :laughing:

3 Likes

Thats pretty accurate…Combine it with a highway man president, who ignores the quorum of commitee who votes on motions…Also your shooting is not enjoyed like it once was…100%

Ive been on 3 club committees…one was ok, out of 3

These blokes are actually alright. Best part is that I get a key to the range!

3 Likes

We get that…

Does a key allow you to shoot on your own? Or without an RO? Just watch out you dont get blamed for things…sometimes a key, puts a target on your back, for some. But good luck with it mate, sounds like your club maybe an exception…

Fuck you are jaded @MaxJon, ooof! All VAPA associated clubs in Vic (that I know, but I know a few) give members open access, i.e. ‘on your own’.

1 Like

…next time I see you, you are getting hugs!

1 Like

I was on my way up north and going via Perth, so made a slight detour to the arms and militaria show at the cannington showgrounds over the weekend.

Once i got inside it was mayhem! probably 400 people + packed into this little indoor gym area. I walked around with a few dollars burning a hole in my pocket, desperately trying to find something to buy.

Being such a draconian state replicas seem to be pretty big, one guy had quite a spread of older stuff, sten, grease guns, sks, etc etc but it was a japanese made replica of a car 15 that got my attention, the guy said it took some sort of caps and if i could find them the thing would function in full and semi Auto i had a play and yeah it was nice but not $2800 nice, he did have a Barrett m82 on the table as well, which seemed to be everyones highlight.

Anyway i ended up walking away with a loaded 5.56 stripper clip and some .45 dummys just because.

It seemed my day was going better than the guys next door :joy:

6 Likes

No, @MaxJon , no solo shooting due to couple of blokes in the past doing the wrong thing, minimum 3 people now. I’ve driven the 40 minutes in to attend a shoot only to sit around outside the locked range with a couple of other blokes and miss out because the bloke with the key was crook and didn’t turn up. That won’t happen now.
I had plenty of run-ins with pistol shooter tossers in the past but these blokes are not like that. No-one takes it too seriously, none of them go away to compete anywhere else. I just do it for shits and giggles and my young bloke gets interested every now and then. I usually do the working bee days and try to get there at least once a month so attending a few committee meetings shouldn’t be too difficult.

2 Likes

Will you have a gun in your pocket for those hugs…

SSAA got to me…my old VAPA did open access too, but it wasnt easy…