What I did in guns this week.

I havent seen one at a carny for years. They were always in booths and chained down so that may have been part of the deal.

I bet last time you was at a carny, you were chained in a booth lol

2 Likes

Yeah true on both counts…BUGGER!!

I can’t believe @juststarting hasn’t googled the fuck out of it and found all the facts for us yet :grin:

1 Like

Last time I saw one was at Cowes in 1987.

Sign me up! But surely this would never be allowed?

If it could get through, I would think an importer would make a killing on it.

I did this again today.

4 Likes

You need to be careful, another bunch like that and we will have to label you a mass murderer lol.

Well there is no shortage of the buggers out this way.
I could bag heaps more with the shotgun but I won’t shoot the .22 on the walk back because of buildings n stuff in the background.
I’m probably being over cautious (but my house is one of the buildings), how far can a high velocity. 22 travel?
It’s not a problem when I’m shooting with #2’s as I know they’ll only travel 100m flat out.
Having access to a farm within walking distance of home is great but makes me a bit paranoid of fucking up.

4 Likes

Well, fuck this Sunday business, I was allowed to go pew pew today for the first time in months. So I thought, I might go have a shoot during my lunch break…

Beautiful day for it too!

…and while at it, I brought this little guy along too (Show us your 22s). I absolutely loved it! I haven’t had a chance to shoot it, due to all lockdowns, but this is a seriously cool rifle.

It was great, got home, grabbed a coffee and got back to some meetings, which I was reinvigorated for. I think I might do this daily, from now on.

I came home, my wife was a bit confused why I was carrying a gun bag, because she thought I went out to the mailbox lol. Didn’t even realise I was missing.

So finished up around 5pm and I thought, well… Maybe… Yes! So I went back to the range. This time I brought some heavy hitters, a little rusty, hands are a little sore, but getting back into it! Feels good. now I just want regional travel to be allowed!

Ooof! Feels good.

6 Likes

Its great that you buggers have had your leashes extended. I hope it goes back to normal soon. I did the usual bushwalking and clays, only more sweaty.

1 Like

What did I do last Sunday? also Saturday, Monday and today…

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

(50m keeping tru to my theory of not shooting lever action for groups… Yeah, it works :slight_smile: )

Oh yes, I now have 2! Count them, T-W-O bolt action 22s. Aaaaand! They are all scoped and sighted-in!

Had a 22LR kind of week.

1 Like

Took the 308 and creed to practice some tripod shooting and mirage reading. 600 and 1100m targets. Typically dialed wind but getting a tremor 3 on the 300 Norma so started holding windage, I’m converted.

6 Likes

Had a plink n busted a few clays with some homies.

5 Likes

Ye, what he ^ said.

Wind has died down. Who’s up for another round of clays?

2 Likes

I got an invite to a scaled down, local version of plinkfest.

Three clay throwers and a bunch of gongs from 120 to 440 m. Managed to smack the 440m gong with my first shot out of a cold barrel with my trusty 25-06, and had a plink with a few bigger toys that i havent played with before including 338 Win mag, 7mm Rem mag, and 7mm Rem ultra mag.

Happy days

6 Likes

To Erika for a stroll, so much long grass that it was very hard to spot any bunnys.
Lots of skippys around too and unlike the bunnys the attitude was generally No Fucks Given, which is understandable I guess since we don’t shoot them.

2 Likes

Make for a nice little feed, with a side serve of whatever. Good stuff mate. My mouth is seriously salavating right now, and not just for the wabbit.:slight_smile: Oh and somthing else seems to be effected from the visual stimulus, but that’s a personal matter that I won’t go into on a public forum… lol

2 Likes

I finished bedding three Rugers and made some 375 Ruger loads for the African. Dug lots of material out the tang to fill with JB weld.

Bought a random bunch of 375 projectiles, had lots of stuff. Woodleighs, Barnes, Spartan and some others from 285 to 350g.

Experimented with cold bluing the bolt on the Predator. Looks better, but not great.

2 Likes

Nice bedding job!