What I did in guns this week.

That rabbit looks like a Rokewood Junction rabbit to me…lol

Could be mate!

1 Like

Had pretty packed weekend.
Shot 600m f open with the creed Saturday morning, then back to a mates place to finish the box of ammo at steel @600 again. checked the zero on the 243/ thermal and dropped my savage 22 in a new set of PJs.

Then went and culled for a farmer mate with the thermal that night.

Club agm this morning and then our normal shoot. Turns out I’m still shit at shotgun.

When we were packing up a feral cat decided to walk across the range. Unfortunately he got to the tree line before we were able to un unpack the guns. Left the thermal out while we had dinner, then a quick scan before leaving and the bugger was walking back across the range at the 200m. Poor life decision that.

Check out the length of tail, it’s the second one I’ve seen that short. Doesn’t appear to be from physical damage.

8 Likes

Managed to line up enough ducks to get away for a couple of days, chased some goats, put a couple of nice nannies in the freezer, rolled a nice billy that I thought was going to be a PB, but it suffered a lot of ground shrinkage and wasn’t as good as I thought

6 Likes

@Bent_arrow, ground shrinkage… I like it :laughing:

@Gregfiddich, nice mate… at least some of us are out there amongst it! :nerd_face::+1:

I’m having a good gun week this week, i took the new Ruger PC9 to the range a couple of times to play & sight it in, i decided i like the Aimpoint on it more than the Delta point. I bought a new Volquartsen trigger assembly for it (but i can’t have it 'til fathers day lol), and i ordered a 10mm raiser for the Aimpoint so it’s just sits a touch higher for a better setup for me.
My PTA arrived so i can now get that wayward SASS Vaquero back so i have a matched numbered pair again.
And now i’m just looking at different Sig P320 models with slide cuts trying to work out which one i want so the lonely Delta Point Pro has somewhere to live.

1 Like

Bought two guns off @bentaz, including my first black powder musket, and further down the rabbit hole I go!

Got PTAs in for them and continued to search for my next gun safe. More and more of them are out of stock so it’s a race to get my shed done and in before there are no safes left in the country. Very frustrating.

2 Likes

Give Clayton firearms a call when they re-open, maybe they are open for online business still… Anyway, they always have a very good selection of safes and reasonably priced.

Rf Scott in ballarat have plenty of safes in store, since I know your gunna come down this way.

All I did this week was arrange to sell some guns.

1 Like

A bought a Remington model 12 and one of these

Same old same old.

1 Like

IMG-20200823-WA0008
We’re all addicted to the souvla. Today was Jims turn and he did some fancy herby lemon bullshit. It was okay, but you cant beat Greek oregano, garlic and salt.

4 Likes

Your life sucks mate, I feel sorry for you! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

This week in guns I printed some labels to catalogue my brass… Exciting shit. I had meat delivered (super excited), from a farm that I go to, but this time it came to me. I acquired a couple of guns from bentaz (no more guns for a while!). I also (probably for the last week or so) been cooking meat on a BBQ for dinner, way better than stove. Guess there are benefit of working from home. Today - steaks. That’s about it, this lockdown is beginning to really shit me. Just want to go hunting.

1 Like

Geezs you bloke do it tough in the NT

I was going to go out with sympathy for our Victorian brothers who can’t go out shooting but that thought lasted about 30 seconds and went to the range for some rapid fire action.
Started the final finish on my Remington, see here…Refinishing stocks: stock wax options and DIY stock wax
Ordered some bits and pieces, brass etc online and that’s about it.

The weather in Victoria I think was the barrier to going out much this weekend. Its been really cold a fair bit of wind and wet from pissing down to just wet air the type that tend to make you really wet quite quickly without really noticing it. A thick wet mist to actual drizzle when not pissing down.

You should get one of this 22s for plinking, @1Fatman

Oh hold on, you’re in WA, never mind.

Yeah, you shove your solidarity lol

…goes back to crying about home detention.

3 Likes

Gave the creed a good scrub, stripped it right down including the bolt. Tried to get a good photo of the barreled action but no luck

Fitted the thermal to my savage 22. Filled the last of the three profiles, A 243, B 223 and now C 22

The CCI quiets are so slow you can watch them in flight with the thermal. White dot near reticle

6 Likes

Been stripping and refurbishing my pops old anschutz 1402. Proving to be quite an accurate rifle considering the shit state it was in. It even had cob webs in the action! I was likely the last person to shoot it,around 24 years ago. First groups were shot with open sights at 25m,second groups were with a 4x40 Japanese mark scope from 40m. Will eventually start stretching it out but as far as I’m concerned shes fine to go shooting now

1 Like