What I did in guns this week.

Actually opened the safe door and took three rifles out for a plink. I’m helping a mate learn to shoot at the moment. Ran through 200 x 22lr and 50 x 223. 22lr at 150m is good fun once you work out the drop and drift

Also bought a 1918 Enfield No1Mk3* with matching numbers and in good condition. Hope to pick it up this week :slight_smile:

6 Likes

So jealous. I opened my safe too, to look at something and then put it back :sleepy:

Setup a toolhead for the Dillon to load .357, youngest son brought a Revolver. Help a mare of my oldest son to ssetuphis new Dillon to load .223, .243 and .308.

Went to the range for our normal Sunday comp and then set up my casting gear (temporary) and had a go at casting ingots.

I went to the LGS today & while i was there bought a Leupold Delta Point Pro red dot, i don’t know what it’s for or why i bought it. But i did. Now…what to do with it???

1 Like

I think we know what it’s for and what to use it on hehehe.

tobey_maguire_meme

1 Like

Maybe, but i’ve got the Aimpoint sitting here waiting to go on that. I really just bought it because it was sitting there and we were talking about how bad Aussie stock levels are getting on some things. Like Leupold for example are basically not available and are in the minus 200 kinda numbers on sooo many of their models. So i panic bought :rofl:

2 Likes

Well that sounds as good of an excuse as any to go get a suitable firearm so as you can use your new purchase.:+1:t2:

2 Likes

That’s how I ended up with a 303. Got dies in a bulk purchase of bunch of other stuff. No point wasting those…

1 Like

fitted a new stock to my 22/250

2 Likes

You are all a bad influence: just ask my wife! :rofl::nerd_face::+1:

Loaded 22/250.
Unloaded 22/250 :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

Way to go Bigpete

She looks nice with a wood stock hey

Today I will clean my guns.

2 Likes

@Bigpete yeah she looks great mate!
I picked up my Russian .308

And today I will load up some brass 20ga BP loads for a mate who just inherited these.

Chas Osborne 20ga Damascus and a 1902 made 1892 Winny in 32-20.

7 Likes

A couple of years ago i bought a matching pair of Ruger Vaqueros & let a mate have (buy) one because he wanted one too.
This week i bought it back so they’re a happy pair again. :smiley: Now just gotta wait for the pta.
I also went for a shoot & made a newbie i was talking to happy by letting him use the pistols i bought along to try.

3 Likes

Yeah mate she looks the part, did you refurbish the stock or is it new ?

Its second hand off a howa 1500

Ah ok ,geez it’s in good nick looks good

I think I might do the same! Looks like they will be in storage for a while, here, in Covid central.

I might do some restoration too… I am not sure yet.

1 Like