Bored shit-posting

Who doesn’t, lol.

1 Like

Mmm true, they are fun.

That double barrel double mag straight pull is ticking my boxes…

I don’t say this often, but that gun is just not for me. I would love to fuck around with it, but yanking that handle on double spring-assist bolts, FMD, I would bet most people here would shoot faster with SxS or O/U

1 Like

Looking at the pump version, I think (without even holding one and cycling it) the big vertical grip might be the down under solution.

If it is it really highlights how retarded pump action 12g laws are. Actually no, that retardation is self evident.

1 Like

24 posts were split to a new topic: US Election Blah Blah 2020

So I finally got some time to visit Centreway Firearms today, and collect some guns.

Picked up the Bergara, it’s ready to be sighted in, and it looks and feels lovely.

Also got the No.5 Mk.1. This one is a mixed bag. The stock is in wayyyyy better condition than I expected it to be. Other than some Indian armoury work, the wood is is in really good shape.

But, the headspace is questionable. It didn’t close on the field gauge, but it was very close. John reckons to shoot it, and see what the cases look like, but I’m likely going to need another bolt head.

However, the biggest find to me though, was that he had a Type 53 there. It’s mank, and covered in cosmoline, non matching but otherwise with the bayonet, cleaning rod and sling. Fell in love on the spot.

Only problem though, it’s missing a front action screw. John has very kindly agreed to hold it for me whilst we look for one.

2 Likes
  1. very nice! I am so happy this forum has created a new generation of baby gun nutters :slight_smile:

2. what front action screw? Have a browse of Firearmsales.com.au - there’s someone there who sells Mosin parts…

An M44 front action screw, but apparently all the Mosin front action screws were the same.

Ty for the link though.

https://firearmsales.com.au/listings/view-listings-premium.php?listing_id=17871

Yeah, I figured it was missing an au at the end. I’ve already messaged him, and he’s got some.

1 Like

That type 53 looks great! Its got it all. Including a bent cleaning rod most probably bent by a VC sniper. It should clean up nicely

Can you expand on that, sounds interesting.

It was just a joke about when ever a type 53 has anything out of the ordinary about it the only explanation is the VC did it. Not that funny a joke in hindsight :laughing:.

:crazy_face:

Picked up the Sig M17 Monday & took it for a shoot yesterday, i was very unimpressed when doing the unboxing strip & clean. But after shooting it I’ve changed my mind on it, it shoots really well even with it’s dog poo factory trigger.

1 Like

Oooo will drop a review of S2 O soon. I just need to wipe it, for photos after a range session :slight_smile:

Wipe it after range session or “private” session :grinning:

Are they not the same?

I don’t know how you guys roll at your range, but generally i’d say definitely not the same.