3D printing for reloading

I did, but I have a storage solution for all my tools already. Rather just have them in a toolbox.

I would have thought that you would want to hang the primer pick up tubes out the way so they didn’t get damaged.

Actually, I would like to have them in the toolbox, since they are in the garage. And since they have plastic ends, to avoid weathering from temperature variations and moisture, I think toolbox (one of those big slide open draw ones) provides better protection, in my opinion.

1 Like

Alright, so not exactly reloading, but knowing @1Fatman loves all sorts of wall hanging stuff… Wanted to keep these specific hex keys separate, so wooala.

snuck in a Lee Primer in there, so you know, technically, reloading related, sort of, lol

Looking good, I reckon that you will end up printing all sorts of hanging bits to keep everything even more organized than you already have.

Okie, I think 11-12 hour print ahead. Mini Mr Case Feeder funnel. Should be interesting.

Slowly chugging along…

1 Like

Should be ready for when you get up in the morning.

Hope so.

Overnight print of mini Mr Case Feeder - case feeding funnel.

Turned out pretty good. Nice tight fit. A few layers on there, so pretty solid. Not bad overall.

1 Like

Pretty flash, I gather that you still need to fill the tubes by hand.

Not quite, I’ll do a video at some stage. Throw hand-fulls in to the funnel, shake it and it does the job. As @GUN-DMC told me with a similar funnel that he has - “because physics”!

So, assuming it’s a physics thing the case goes into the tube the right way up as the base is heavier than the top…

1 Like

Correcto

Cool idea.

I just found another funnel design and I have a tone of PLA so, hey, why not :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just a bit of rapid prototyping…

2 Likes

Okies, so this was a quick cough overnight print, but now I am taking my 577-450 reloading block…

Old:

…into the 21st century :slight_smile:

Yeah!

More fun. After running Dillon a few times I’ve learnt that yanking the toolhead out and then tipping it upside down to empty the powder hopper is not for me… Surely there is something.

@Oldbloke this is my type of DIY :slight_smile:

Saw this thing for sale, but meh. Learned how to use a 3D modelling tool. Made a few prototypes and bam! Dillon powder dumper:

Still a few things to do here, but I think it’s elegant enough, instead of tipping the whole thing upside down.

1 Like

Looking good, at this pace you will need to get more storage space for all the goodies.

You will be right for birthday presents for the kids for the next few years. :grin: